DMAIC Process / DMAIC Software
DMAIC is an acronym of the five improvement steps: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control
DMAIC is frequently used by as part of Six Sigma, Lean, or Continuous Improvement efforts. If you are looking for a very robust approach to problem solving, DMAIC may be your solution.
Are you looking for DMAIC process software to manage your DMAIC process or DMAIC workflow?
- Define the Problem or Opportunity
- Select a Project Leader
- Select Team Members including Subject Matter Experts
- Establish a SMART Goal
- Link to a KPI
- VOC – Identify Stakeholders and perform Stakeholder Analysis. (See Attached Stakeholder Analysis Tool)
- Review the Project Charter and Team with the Project Sponsor
- Scope the Project – Use a High Level Process Map to define where the process begins and ends. (See Attached SIPOC Tool)
- Take Before Pictures!
- Create a Measurement Plan (See Attached Measurement Plan Tool)
- Validate the Measurement System using Gage R&R
- Walk the Process (See Attached Data Collection Form)
- Create a Current State Process Map or Value Stream Map ISee Attached Value Stream Map Tool)
- Create a List of Waste, Sources of Variation and Overburdening (See Attached Template)
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (See Attached Fishbone, 5 Whys, RCA Tools)
- Create a Hypothesis or theory for Input to Output Relationships, Y=f(x1, x2, …xn).
- Clarify the Gap Between Current and Desired Performance
- Brainstorm Possible Improvements
- Create an Improvement Plan
- Implement the Process Improvements
- Implement Mistake Proofing Devices
- Validate the Changes have had the Desired Effect
- Take After Pictures!
- Update Process Documentation
- Train Operators and Leadership to the New Process
- Validate the Process using Control Charts and Key Metrics
- Establish Leadership Standard Work to Follow Up with the Operators
- Document Project Savings
- Create a Project Report Out if Required by Management (See Attached Template)
- Report Out to Project Sponsor and Leadership
- Reward and Recognize the Team
- Share Best Practices with the Entire Organization
KPI Fire includes these DMAIC templates. You can use ours or customize your own version.
Start your free trial today: